Friday, December 19, 2008

Fiction: Hiiro Kakashi

I am always attempting to write something fictional and this is one of them. The title is still a "working" title.
When I was in highschool I would just write anything, an essay, short story or poem- I was a member of our paper organ....I even thought I'm gonna be a writer someday....But I realized I lost the flair. I can't even compose now.....
Writing is just an opportunity when I am not allowed to talk because of sore throat,
so I decided to just play the words and see until when can my imagination sustain. This is about a girl.



HIIRO KAKASHI

There was a girl named Hiiro Kakashi, she was given a japanese name but was not born with japanese parents nor in a japanese country.


Maybe the parents were so hooked up to the naruto series that when their eldest was born they named it after the infamous character kakashi. But why kakashi? Kakashi is a male character with eyes always covered.....maybe because the parents really wanted a baby boy or perhaps the unsightly difference in her eyes made the parents decide to name her after the male character kakashi who's eyes is always masked. "Hiiro" shall define her as a girl because hiiro means scarlet red or maybe because her eyes is like a scar....the parents life scarred.



Hiiro grew up shy. Low self-esteem, with few friends....she lived so ashamed of her eyes. She felt like if the eyes is the window of her soul....her window has no drapings and theres just no light that shone upon it.



The little Hiiro knows that her sister is much favored by her parents. She never get to buy new dress, despite the fact that she is the eldest...she instead have the hand me downs from Sofia who is much taller than her.



Their age gap is just one year. But even as child many people mistake Sofia as the eldest....and they never thought of them as siblings. Hiiro is like some curse to her parents....they find her so odd that they disown her from their family. She was treated like the house hold helper's child.





Sofia on the otherhand has a soft heart for Hiiro- but the mother does not encourage the feelings. She wanted to see Hiiro serve Sofia. For Sofia's face and beauty is the perfect visual of a daugther never mind Hiiro.


Hiiro has no idea about love from her parents. She get used to it. Sometimes she wanted to hug her mother, she even wonder if as baby she was cuddled by her mom. She understands it...her mom is beautiful just like Sofia, her father is goodlooking...maybe it's true she is someone else' child or got swapped during birth...she wouldn't know. But in her heart she know Sofia is her sister she is important to her. When their parents are away they would just play like they were twins....Sofia loved her, Sofia would just dress her up with her clothes and turn her into a pretty girl, she find Hiiro beautiful....and she'll whisper "You are beautiful. They just can't see it." Their closeness was kept secret to their parents.


But as they grew up the relationship falter. Sofia found her friends while Hiiro has to work hard.



She has to work for her college...while Sofia is enjoying the life of coed where let worries live to oblivion.

Hiiro studied in a state university while Sofia studied in a private university.

Sofia have so many suitors. She busy herself with parties, friends, her social life flourish.


While Hiiro is just working day and night to cope up with the growing need for self support. She still has to work at home as she is considered the house hold help. Sofia's nanny has retired already after so many years of working in their household. Nanny Lala she considers her mother....the love she longed for her mother was willingly given to her by Lala....but she is old now, her age twice the age of Hiiro's mom.





So now, Hiiro has to do the laundry for the family, clean up the house, and have to give Sofia tutor from time to time. During their studies together Sofia would complaint from Hiiro..."I missed you sister."
Hiiro would just give her a sigh "I have to work...I needed to finish my studies....They would never love me....You have everything!" "But I never have your brain" come Sofia's reply.
"Maybe my brain covered my eyes that's why I got that Kakashi look hahaha!" Hiiro's reply. She can never take a positive compliment. She was sure she was cursed....maybe because even during pregnancy her mother would watch that crazy anime in her time. And she gets all the blame for being ugly.

Sometimes when Hiiro felt she is too ugly to live earth....she would run relentlessly.....off to the road, to the dirt until she can no longer stride. After her run, she would gasp for air and feel a lot better she is alive.....then she will mumble "Hmmmm runner's high! you kept me sane". Leaving home and living alone is part of her option but that will take her away from her sister...Nanny Lala left and she only have Sofia to love.





Her days would go like that - work -school -run-work at home.


She doesn't have a social life....she's too afraid to get to know other people. If her mother detest her....how much more other people...they will never like her, she thought.





But maybe the gods got bore about how she handles her life....so plain, so dull........in one of her run....somebody skidded out of nowhere- a man was running behind her she never get to know someone was there....maybe because she never bother to look behind. Well, who in their right brain would look back while running. She thought for a while. She's not used to run with company. "Hi! It's Timothy!" said the guy. She can't barely talk all she did was just to give him a curt nod. Maybe that is enough to pay respect she cannot just make friends with anybody....she run faster and he ate her dust.






The following day Hiiro came to school from her job at a nearby library, her head is a little droop while walking briskly to get to her next class in Science building. Suddenly, the man who introduced himself Timothy to her the other day appear in front of her. "Hi! I didn't get your name. Remember me Timothy?" Hiiro responded by looking behind her....so the man was talking to him. She saw the most beautiful good looking smile next to Sofia. So she smiled hesitantly - "Hiiro....Hiiro Kakashi"...."And am no japanese".....He laughed. "You run fast....would you like to enlist in the track and field team?" He said. " I really don't have time for longer practice run. I work." came her reply. She dismissed the conversation...but Timothy kept his pace with her. And she realize they were classmates.


I know...this piece is not yet finish but am gonna publish it anyway....am still wondering how am I gonna close the story.......I guess this is what become of me when I don't run, my imagination becomes so fertile and it rambles with a lot of things. My brain is filled with a lot of details...fiction (my brain tells me it wanted to write just anything...it wanted to imagine the image of Hiiro Kakashi), but the reality buttons keep on signalling an alarm....whoa!
Reality bites it's 6 days before christmas and theres a lot to do.
The doctors didn't clinic today (whining) maybe because its almost holiday!
And I guess I'll self medicate again so I can enjoy the holiday.
Maybe I'll just tell the doctor next year about this....that I have to do this on my own....because they were never around when I needed them. That being well during the holiday is an option and that going back to the previous prescription is also an option because am still feeling the same.....I guess is this better than doing nothing.....
And signing off is also an option so I can do more.
Ciao....merry christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment