Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Running blog #68: Astonishingly Muesli

Muesli is something new to me. We have a curios past, back then in one of the duty free grocer in Subic. Maybe some two or three years ago when I first saw it and curiosly read nutrition labels. Though, I spent time turning it around I didn't bother to buy one. The package is humongous and since I am not sure if I can devour it, I forgo getting one.

Last weekend, I was shopping some tea and came across a smaller package of muesli, the label says it's organic so I decided to give it a try.

So what is on muesli?
Whole Grain Wheat, Date Crumbles, Sunflower Seeds, Raisins, Whole Grain Rye, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Triticale (wheat), Flaxseed, Almonds and Walnuts.

Muesli can be served hot or cold.
Preparation is simple.

Hot:
For every cup of muesli add 1 cup of water or milk and simmer the muesli for 5 minutes. Serve with fresh berries or choice of fruit.

Cold:
Soak the muesli to milk or yogurt for 5-10 mins or overnight. The ratio is 1:2 or for every cup of muesli add 2 cups of milk or yogurt. Serve with fresh berries or choice of fruit.

I tried the cold cereal or as the Swiss prepared it (overnight soak)....yum my instant favorite.

I had it as my pre workout meal today. Luckily, my stomach didn't complain. In fact, there were no associated side stitched even if I had it 30 mins before running. Oh man I think I can run for hours without taking the clif blok shots.

I really feel strong that my adrenaline pushes me farther at work. I feel like a superhero who could do everything efficiently lol! Yeah am exaggerating. To sum it up, I feel good.

Hubby loved it too. I prepared A nice brekky for him. so he can have break from brown rice lol!

Well, I guess I'll be adding "other grains" as options for carbo. Nah nah if that sounds like New Years resolution....well I guess all runner should.

If time permits I'll try to make my own granola bar. I found muesli lover's recipe from here.

Ciao!

Muesli in a box


Muesli with yogurt- soaked overnight.
Serve it with fresh berries or choice of fruit.
Great source of fiber!

No comments:

Post a Comment