Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Running Blog #44: ...letting go

We started this week letting go of tasks and funfilled activities because TJ got sick. I have to be the full time mom that she needs - and take running set aside. I think the whole week I am letting go of practice run....
Sigh! I will forego any chance to run the pave of Gateway Business Park or of that Island Cove.

I decided that for the rest of the week I am not running....I am keeping my running shoes for awhile.
Another sigh! I am testing myself....what it's like to let go? I always hold onto this addiction.
I am letting go of practice run and holding on the idea that I can run again on Sunday.
Hoooray! and this will happen during the Run for Home- A run for a cause to help build home for the Habitat for Humanity project.
Running in this event would not only help me meet my mileage requirement to complete my first 300K but the cause is something that me and my husband wanted to support.

I thought my MILO 10K last Jul 5 is a good start for my 10K races- my official time is 1:09:31.
It would have been a good idea to take a PR but then I realized some things need to take it course as Lao Tzu says "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering."

Come sunday....it would be another practice run- not to take any personal record....but to surprise myself of any possible outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment