Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Trip to the kitchen

What's cookin'?

I have a confession to make.
I love to eat but I hate to cook.

The past years since I started running to lose post pregnancy excess weight- I thought, I eat to run....there's no worry running burns everything.

But the past two months of hiatus....I realized that it's the other way around.
I run to eat.
During the past two months of on/off training....to almost 0 km mileage (and an LSD during race)...I realized that eating is not the same.
I don't know why I eat better after I ran....I cannot explain it...but it seemed that I am able to savor the flavor, the texture and the nutrients more after a real good run.
I have some friends who feel the same.
And these past few months I lost my appetite.
Perhaps this is the reason why at reduced activity -my weight is still the same.

I actually have no problem with my diet. Because the food that I eat are often healthy.
Also, I prefer home-cooked food over fast food...my occasional treats are combos and chocolates. And chocolates are unforgiving to my throat- I guess am allergic to it....so I seldom take my cheat.

Lately, my husband and baby boy is having this digestion problem. To help them ...I decided to take frequent trips to the kitchen, manage their diet (specially fiber)....well cookin' is hardly my feet feats (hehehe)...but if my feet didn't take me to the kitchen I ain't cookin' LOL!

With the family's holistic health in mind....I decided to cook again (yeah! I hated it but I have to).
And I realized....if you give it a try, have an inspiration in mind...one can give cooking a chance.
I realized that the food that I prepare tastes better...when I am more positive and feel the love in my heart (weet weew!)...besides I am cookin' for my love ones. So I guess my dear friend...attitude in cooking is one very important ingredient.

So that  I won't forget my recipe specially those that I own or sometimes made up....I'll put up a dedicated page I'll call the runner's recipe. I will give proper attribution where I got the recipe so you may visit the link (if found on the web) or the person who advises of the dish.

Yes, the runner's recipe are good for the kids, running dad  and mom...because the food that I intend to prepare are those that have the 3G- Go! Grow! and Glow!

Happy Eating!

Below is my maiden recipe:

Tuna Arrabiata

Servings: six

Ingredients:
1 med size Garlic, chopped
1 med size Onion, chopped
1 can, 180 g (may use 90-100 g only) Tuna Lite- flake in vegetable oil (drained)
1 can, 490 g  Hunt's diced tomato with Basil
8 tbsp, olive oil
3 tbsp, bread crumbs
1/4 tsp, iodized salt
1/8 tsp, ground pepper

grated parmesean or cheddar cheese

250 g (cooked as directed) whole meal spaghetti (San Remo or other whole wheat spaghetti will be fine. Note that it has 3X fiber compared to regular pasta/spaghetti).

Procedure:

1. In a heated pan, add 8 tbsp of olive oil, sautee onions, garlic, tuna. Add Hunt's diced tomato, 1/4 tsp iodized salt. Simmer for 3 minutes and add 3tbsp bread crumbs and 1/8 tsp ground pepper.
2. Toss the sauce to the cooked whole meal spaghetti.
3. Topped with grated cheese.

Viola in less than 10 minutes you have a gourmet pasta...with Go! Grow! and Glow! ingredients.

Btw, sorry no photos! As posted in my FB....before I even had a chance to take shot the kids partake already on the meal....in unison with their Dad they said...Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment