Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Running Blog #28: Breaking free from my comfort zone

Today I started another practice run alone.

Well there were hints that the S40 guys would want another fun run with me.... yah it would be a fun run but with less intensity...so I decided to run alone.

I am really decisive to break free from my comfort zone and tonight I run the uncharted distance of 10Km....my goal is not to run continuously but to do run -->brisk walk --> run to zone 7 and then sprint.
Sigh! I wasn't able to sprint....too bad my rib cage felt like falling apart.

I finished my 10K at 1:14:58, I did a lot of brisk walk. The 9 peaks in the graph below represents my slow....that's probably the time I was walking.

My first 4.9K I stopped to drink some water at SRC....after a week without training my throat is complaining. Then I run through the Bank Facade, to JAE and the uphill street then I continued running until I reached Telford for the second time....I decided to walk....fast walk my rib is complaining. Then every 10 m before the corners I would take a walk....then run....then walk....then run. Garmin was complaining because my training plan of a constant pace of 7.5 kph was never achieved- it kept on alarming.

True to it's marketing words....wearing Garmin Forerunner 405 is like having a virtual trainer.

But the best experience of all is seeing the bright sky with it's reddish sunset.

It reminds me again of my friend Kathy....whom I always run with during GBP practice running.

Hmmm.....the idea cookin' up about running to Sing is really inviting - this idea is in the cookin' yesterday.

Whoa! I praise God for the wonderful day today....got a cheap ticket for Palawan, a nice overflowing job (sigh!) but get it doin' right, and breaking free from my comfort zone.

Sometimes you just have to try and believe that you can make it....someone higher is watching over us and I suppose God would love to see us accomplish our goals and take it all on Him who knows better than our simple mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment