Monday, October 12, 2009

Running Blog #54: Hoping to hit that 500K soon

I feel good today- I was able to do a practice run even if it's just 5K.
What made me happy is the fact that I clocked 33:39- I believe this is the fastest I made lately....I even forgot that I could do 29:30 (hehehe I can't even claim that it's sub-30).
But anyway, for several months I was stucked in between range of 35-40 min finish time for 5K.
Today's run gave me hope that I could do better.

As I reflect on my running activities I realized that it has bring so much to me.
I didn't expect that this could give me so much happiness....probably happiness is an understatement- bliss! that's it.
Now I have to run 60K more mileage to complete my 1st ever recorded 500K- then another 500K I hope should take lesser time.

Actually when I started charting mileage since Jan 09- I thought completing the 1000K will be as simple as completing within a year....but I was wrong- Imagine it's already the 10th month of 09 and I am still approaching to 500K. This however does not despair me. It rather give me chance to analyze what has been the past 10 months.
Well, I was trying to balance between being a mother, an employee and of course trying to find the best in me....

I'd like to believe that I probably fall in love into this sport so much...that I could try to find time to express myself to it.....yah!
I think love without expression is not love- it's just idea.

But just like any lover- I am not perfect. My discipline dwindle and I got bad days too.
Sigh! And my ever patient lover does not complaint...but would show me when I spend lesser time running---I became slower, prone to injury and of course a lot of walk breaks during race day.
Ahhhhh.....it's easy to run it's simple just put on your shoes and there you go...it becomes complicated as you develop that relationship of loving the sport because you try to spend more time with it while balancing other aspect of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment