Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mad about yoga

"Yoga is the ability to direct the mind exclusively toward an object and sustain that direction without any distractions." Yoga-Sutra 1:2, Book of yoga.

Six years ago I've been practicing yoga. I would meditate and practice some asana for 45 minutes. And it felt so great. That I actually credit my weight loss to yoga.
Then I got hook to running and will just do simple standing asana post run.
Simply put it, I lost it. The mat was kept, books dusted and my limbs forgot how to be flexible and some body part got tight.

Two weeks ago, I started again with my fit ball. Did some bridge pose over the ball for protection. Then hubby told me about yogify app that's free and reviewed as one of the smartest fitness app.
I downloaded it and since then been practicing 15 minute sun salutation post lunch run. Hooray!

Tonight, I tried to go further. I want to know if I can handle the 45 minute practice. I got busted after 30 mins. I can't hold any further.

I know practice, practice and keep on practicing is the key to perfect any pose.



No comments:

Post a Comment