Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The song....LSS

LSS or the last song syndrome.....yeah this song have been playing on my head.
I remember I first heard it while watching the movie "Closer" in one of my sick leaves :D
Believe it, I rarely watch movie.
Though, the last one I watched was "Three Idiots" for practically three long hours (without sickness)- was a miracle according to my husband.
The movie "Closer" is a romantic drama film... I don't remember much of the story and dare not google it.
Because I hardly find it amusing though the actors were great maybe the story is too western for my taste. But what capture me in this film is the rhythm of the music that draws parallelism on the scene.
Well, I am no music lover. I was not blessed with the voice....in fact, it seems that this voice is going to be taken away for sometime ha! (as of the moment I am on voice rest). But I am proud to share that the rest of the household are music lover. My husband plays guitar, my daughter is our little belter and my son is studying flute and loves alternative music....though too young for Bruno Mars.
So to continue on the movie "Closer".....I've been humming this lyrics during bath time "I can't take my eyes off you" because that's all I know, it's stayed awhile in brain. So I thought that was the title of the song. It was only yesterday that I dared to google the lyrics of the supposed title that I thought. I'm thinking that my husband could play the guitar and he could sing it for me. To my surprise....the song with the title "I can't take my eyes off you" starts with "you're just too good to be true...." yes the song that made everyone swing and well I realized that was not the song (and that I'm old hahaha).
Finally, there is no other way to know the song's title if I won't google "Closer" and there you go..... the song was entitled "The Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice (an Irish singer).
And so it is...here's the lyrics that I googled.

"The Blower's Daughter"

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
Most of the time
And so it is
The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her sky

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

And so it is
Just like you said it should be
We'll both forget the breeze
Most of the time
And so it is
The colder water
The blower's daughter
The pupil in denial

I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off of you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes off you
I can't take my eyes...

Did I say that I loathe you?
Did I say that I want to
Leave it all behind?

I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off of you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind off you
I can't take my mind...
My mind...my mind...
'Til I find somebody new 
Honestly, some of the lines of the song depicts how I feel....every time I looked at my daughter and my son. I hardly take my eyes off them. When my daughter sings her music....I'm her number one fan in that corner. I just sit there enjoy her singing. I am mesmerized by her voice. I can't take my eyes off her.

P.S. Perhaps I'll be updating this entry with her photos. We love photographing her.

Some of my daughter's video:



No comments:

Post a Comment